verbena-19

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rice: No Immediate Ceasefire


How much more bloodshed - more innocent civilian lives - will it take for the Bush administration to wake up to what is really going on in the Middle East with their complicity? Are Arab lives considered unimportant compared to the lives of Israelis?? Are these fools totally blinded by the Zionist lobby in the U.S.?? This crisis would have ended before it claimed hundreds of Lebanese lives and oblitetared Lebanon had those criminals in the White House called for a ceasefire. Yet, as I write this, the Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which some military officers see as a sign of a longer campaign ahead. (NYT)

Meanwhile, the UN is calling for a ceasefire, but it has been neutered by the U.S. and rendered useless, and the U.S. has resisted international pressure to pressure its ally Israel to stop the fighting. The Bush administration cares nothing about the world community. Is it any wonder that anti-American sentiment is rapidly growing worldwide? But this does not faze the belligerent U.S. armchair warhawks and their bellicose cowboy leader.


Condoleezza Rice has rejected the "false promise" of an immediate ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah. The US secretary of state also defended on Friday her decision not to meet Hezbollah or Syrian officials when she visits the region soon.
Full Story



Tags for this entry: , , .

7 comment(s):

As an American I have to say you said it perfectly. They do not care about others only their interest in what they can gain financially from it. They don't even care about there own people. My opinion is that there needs to be a house cleaning in the government. Until the people stand up here and demand changes and the media starts reporting the truth instead of taking sides, I am afraid it is going to get worse.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

Thanks for your comment... I thought I may have got a bit carried away in my anger, but I'm glad that did not deter you from reading the post... I guess it's because I care too much about innocent civilian life on all sides, and have no stomach for arm-chair warhawks.

I agree that your government needs a good 'house cleaning', but sadly, so does ours.

By Blogger Annamarie, at 10:35 PM  

P.S. to Chet:
I have just visited your site and left a comment. I've also bookmarked it for regular reading. Wonderfully compassionate, empathetic writing!

By Blogger Annamarie, at 11:10 PM  

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. I have added a link to your site. I like what you have written even though I don't comment a lot, I do pay attention to what I read. I too get angry sometimes and wonder if I didn't go to far. I decided it is better to let it out as to what I feel than keep it inside of me. I will be visiting often. Again Thank You

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

You're more thank welcome. Yes, it is better to let it out than to keep it all inside...

Thank you for putting in a link to my site.

Take care and keep up the good work of spreading peace! Our sad, embattled, hate-filled, violent world - our home, our Earth - needs peace messengers now more than ever... The internet can be a powerful tool in disseminating peace issues, and perhaps if enough people world-wide speak out about peace, our leaders will eventually have no choice but to listen to our conjoined voices.

By Blogger Annamarie, at 1:12 AM  

Chet, that should read: "...more than welcome." Sorry for the typo! :)

By Blogger Annamarie, at 1:14 AM  

Keep up the good work maceo holmes football yorktown wreslting football + gif Honda nx 250 for sale Misic jewelry patents Oxycontin addiction symptoms 5mg+ambien+drug+prescription+price 2003 honda vtx1300s

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home

Bloggers of Ontario Unite!

[ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]